2-inch vs 1-inch Blinds – Learn the Important Differences
When it comes to dressing your window, there are so many options. It can be exceptionally hard to choose the correct window treatments, especially when you don’t have much of an idea of what you want. Don’t fret! Let ZebraBlinds come up with the best possible answer for what you need. If you’re searching for a simple way to dress your windows that are both easy to maintain and tasteful, then blinds are the ideal choice for you. Blinds are one of the most popular window treatments, offering security, adding style to your decor, and protecting your room and furniture from harmful UV rays and glare.
Depending on your style and budget plan, a wide variety of hues, patterns, and materials are available as window blinds. All blinds offer different slat sizes. Slats are the horizontal pieces that you tilt, raise, and lower while operating your blinds. The difference in slat sizes may not appear significant, but the correct slat size (or even the wrong) can make a huge difference in how your room feels. Slats are available 1 inch or 2-inch sizes.
As a customer, you might be wondering what the key differences between 1 inch and 2-inch blinds are. Aren’t they similar? Will they be used for your room? They might seem similar, but they actually have very different applications as a window treatment.
Choosing Your Window Blinds Slat Sizes
Most blinds available come in a variety of slat widths. Popular slat width sizes include 1 inch and 2-inch blinds. While both choices are great for your home, each slat width has its own benefits and drawbacks.
- 1 inch Blind: If you are looking for small window coverings, this is a good choice. Picking this size means you will have more slats per blind. When you have the slats open, your view to the outside won’t be as open, yet you can simply raise the blinds when you need to. They are perfect for windows with narrow frames. If you need to mount the blinds inside the window frame, you can do it with the 1 inch blind. Choosing 1-inch slats can also help blinds blend in more.
- 2 inch Blind: This is the most common window slats. Individuals who need an old-fashioned blind generally choose the 2-inch slats. For a better view to the outside when your blinds are open, 2-inch slats are the best way to go. If you want something more for your beautiful home, select 2-inch blinds for your window.
Basic Differences – 2 inch vs 1 inch Blinds
Both 1-inch and 2-inch blinds do an excellent job of light filtering. Still, there are some basic differences:
Light Control – When you have the blinds all the way down and the slats tilted open, you can see out easier with a 2 inch blind than you can with a 1 inch blind. In this manner, you maintain a greater view and get more light coming into the room.
- Cleaning Process: When it comes to the cleaning procedure, 2-inch blinds are easier to clean than 1-inch blinds.
- Blinds Weight: If your kitchen windows are large, then the weight of the blinds are something to consider. 2 inch blinds are quite heavy compared to 1-inch blinds.
- Cost: Cost is always a major consideration. Generally, 2-inch blinds are more expensive.
Below are the products which are available in both 2 Inch VS 1 Inch Blinds slat sizes:
Aluminum blinds are lightweight and are available in a wide range of sizes, colors, and patterns. The blinds come in 1 inch and 2-inch slat sizes. 1-inch aluminum blinds are ideal for window coverings in the office and for commercial use, to give you the optimum level of natural light along with maximum privacy. The slats ensure that you have proper security as they are fire retardant. 2-inch slats are ideal for light control and are perfect for large windows. The aluminum slats make these blinds moisture resistant, strong, stain resistant, easy to clean, and durable.
These blinds give you natural beauty and a special touch of warmth. The blinds comprise of horizontal wood slats that can be tilted to open or close for light control or protection. They are available in 1 inch and 2-inch slat sizes. The 1-inch slat creates a busy look, limiting your view to the outside. Blinds made with 2-inch slats give a more traditional look. Wood blinds also act as an excellent insulator against heat and cold.
Vinyl blinds are the least expensive option and are very lightweight. The blinds are available in the standard 1 inch and the wider 2-inch sizes. Similar to the aluminum style, they have the benefit of being moisture resistant, strong, and easy to clean. However, vinyl blinds tend to not do well under excessive heat and sunlight.
Blinds are one of the least expensive choices for window treatments. They are easy to maintain, have a perfect appearance and don’t take any additional space. They permit you control over privacy and daylight. The main differences between types of blinds are of the material used to make the slats. Slats control the direction of the light and can be closed to shut out harmful UV rays or glare. Slats can be arranged horizontally or vertically.
Choosing the best possible window treatment is a big part of enriching your new home, or refreshing your existing one.
If you are purchasing blinds for the first time, it can be daunting when looking through all the choices. ZebraBlinds makes your window treatment decisions simple. We are always ready to help you with your decision.