Summer is approaching which implies you and your family members are preparing yourselves for warmer temperatures and longer days. If you are not having appropriate window coverings for the summer season, it might also imply that your house is less energy efficient and may incur higher energy bills. You can balance your summer budget, enthrall your guests comfortably, and enhance privacy during your weekend travels with a new pair of window shades. The best varieties of summer shades block out heat and natural sunlight. When essential, they also possess the ability to decrease visibility from the outside world.
Which Are The Best Light Blocking Window Shades?
- Cellular Shades: Classic and lightweight cellular shades possess a durable honeycomb structure that offers a magnificent aesthetic. These window coverings are perfect for various types of houses such as those with large patios and windows. You can also use them for any room facing the sun or experiencing a greater amount of sunlight. Since cellular shades block out the heat, they reduce brightness, insulate your house, and offer an appropriate level of privacy. They are also an exceptional solution for the window as well as porch doors.
While single-cell light-filtering shades block out less heat and light, double-cell light-filtering shades offer more heat protection and complete darkness than any other window coverings. Blackout-style cellular shades allow almost zero sunlight to enter.
2. Roller Shades: These shades are summer-friendly and are available in various unique categories of materials. Roller shades roll down from the peak of your window to offer a perfect balance of privacy and natural sunlight. These shades effectively decrease heat and glare from the sun. Also, they are simple to use. Whether you want to sleep during the daytime or wish to have a nap after a trip to the beach/pool, these shades efficiently block out the sunlight.
You can also select from a variety of colors such as off-white, grey, and trendy white. You can also choose from unique hues like navy, chocolate, and hunter green. If you are looking for a style with a greater personality, roller shades are also available in various patterns ranging from simplistic to tropical. Pick these window coverings to accentuate your home’s slim, unique, and classic appearance.
3. Solar Shades: These window shades are made from vinyl mesh material. Solar shades are ideal for the summer season as they are particularly designed to block out heat and sunlight. They are available in conventional or reverse wall mounting to suit your window’s requirements and your priorities. From brown to cream, solar shades come in various on-trend colors.
While the majority syles of solar shades decrease glare, certain types cannot entirely block out natural sunlight. This style of window treatment offers differing degrees of shade, offering you the adaptability to select the amount of sunlight you want to allow and how much of the outside world you can view. While most solar shades present between 1% to 15% of light reduction, other kinds of solar shades offer complete blackout. Whether you are hosting a gathering, reading a novel, or enjoying the warm breezy air, you can always experience the correct mixture of ambiance and heat relief.
4. Roman Shades: If you want a timeless yet opulent summer style, then consider buying a pair of Roman shades. These window coverings are one of the most common choices as they are in-trend and are available in several plush fabrics. When opened they stack together evenly thereby, offering your windows a tidy and continuous appearance. They are available with fine details like bold patterns and European stitching.
Some Roman shades feature a light filtering layer, while others possess a comfortable and continuous loop in the head rail. While choosing Roman shades, you can pick from elegant or fun patterns such as paisley, flowers, wood grain, and stripes. Common colors include graphite, sandalwood, and cork. Based on your budget, you can also add blackout lining to the Roman style for a perfect degree of temperature and light control.
5. Woven Wooden Shades: Woven wooden shades are simply as eco-friendly as traditional wooden shades. They provide an organic and exotic appearance that is ideal for summer interior décor. Though woven wooden shades are relatively expensive compared to other options, they are also an exceptional alternative to standard window coverings. They make your house stand out from the ordinary. Every woven fixture comes in various unique materials like jute, bamboo, and various grasses. Pick from colors like turquoise, honey, and grey as well as from a variety of thicknesses. Using woven wooden shades, you can block out heat and light while retaining your privacy.
In A Nutshell
The best window coverings for summer enable you to allow natural sunlight to enter your house when you need it while decreasing heat and glare during the warmest time of the day. They also possess a stylish look, come in plenty of colors and patterns to suit your interior décor, and are designed with durable materials. Whether you go for traditional bamboo shades, trendy Roman shades, or classic dual shades, the choices mentioned above help you to save on energy consumption while protecting your privacy to ensure you and your family stay comfortable.