Your home space is the canvas on which you can paint as you please. When it comes to picking any element of your home decor you would have many factors to analyze. These factors are extremely personalized to the type of home decor you would like to introduce to your space. An important point of consideration is window accents. When it comes to your windows, leaving it to look bear seems very odd. Your window space always required accents not only for style but also for protection and lighting adjustment. While for bold colors people turn towards drapery, for minimalistic and quaint style blinds, shades and shutters are always recommended. They only provide added control when it comes to lighting but also added protection for windows. When we think of blinds, we always think of indoor window accents. What if you want to introduce window treatments for the external parts of your window? That’s where exterior shutters come into the picture.
What Are Exterior Shutters?
Are you looking for unique ways to protect your window? Looking for various ways to give your exterior paint job a fun compliment? That’s where exterior shutters come into the picture. Everyone is fundamentally used to understanding window treatments as window accents that are kept indoors, but here are window treatments you can opt for that can be kept outdoors. If you’re looking for a unique way to add some charm then exterior shutters are the right way to go.
A conventional window shutter features horizontal or vertical louvers that come set within the frame. Their unique construction makes them a great addition at home. Exterior shutters are bought a home for many reasons but the three primary reasons are to
• Enjoy an optimum level of privacy without much compromise on the outdoor view
• Love Vitamin D? Gain additional control on how much light you would like to have entre your space.
• If you’re looking for ways to give your window panels some added protection, then exterior shutters are a great way to do so.
Exterior shutters are large frames that are placed on either side of your window. As history would narrate, these were blinds that were put on the window so that people could enjoy some added privacy. But currently, they have also become an accessory as well. People introduce exterior shutters to their spaces so that they can of bringing some of the classic and vintage looks with great ease. The air and sunlight that naturally flow through the louvers are very comforting.
What Are the Benefits of Exterior Shutters?
Previously exterior shutters were set up functional reasons but nowadays its set up to bring out this perfect balance between functionality and style. Most people wonder, are exterior shutters out of style? Their growing popularity and versatility dispute this question with great ease. People invest in exterior shutters not only to bring some vintage touch to their space but also because exterior shutters come with their own set of benefits.
1) Are you trying to find unique ways of expressing your style? Want to add some color to your garden, lawn or just your personal outdoor space? That’s why exterior shutters are perfect because you can customize them and introduce them to your outdoor space with great ease.
2) Want to optimize your home setup? Exterior shutters are perfect for the job as they are energy efficient as well. On days of high heat and humidity, you can close the panels to enjoy some cool shade and on days where the breeze is inviting you can keep the shutters and open and let the fresh air circulate through your home.
3) They also introduce a layer of extra protection depending on the type of exterior shutters they are as some come with locks and latches that provide added security. You may be able to hear when these shutters or the locks attached to them are being opened hence alerting you if there is an intruder.
4) Just like interior blinds, exterior shutters also provide you with that much needed or earned privacy as well, all you need to do is close the shutters or adjust the panels (if possible) and you’re good to go.
Are Exterior Shutters Easy to Maintain?
Maintaining exterior shutters are almost the same as maintaining blinds. The only minute yet the important difference is the process of maintaining it. While blinds, shades, and shutters are easily accessible within the house, not all external shutters maybe. In order to clean or dust some of them, you might have to use a ladder, if such is the case then you need to keep in mind your safety first. For quick cleaning, all you need to do is loosely get all the dirt off. For more intensive cleaning, depending on the kind of material the shutters are made of you can hose it down and mope it with some soapy water, followed by wiping it with another dry mop or cloth. You’ll want to make sure that your shutters are treated for exterior use before purchasing them as well.