Are you searching for a unique design for your home’s windows? Looking for privacy but love the look of natural light in your room? Top-down bottom-up shades are the solution you’ve been waiting for. These unique shades can change between a blackout privacy shade and a shade to let light in. There are even a variety of hues, patterns, textures, and materials that you can choose from – so no matter what your home looks like, you can easily choose the best window treatment which fits your room. If you are thinking about an alternative look to complement new window treatments in your beautiful home, then TDBU Shades are the ideal choice to make your home look fresh and new.
Due to undesirable daylight, your requirement for privacy will vary throughout the day, so it’s important to have shades that are exceptionally adjustable. Top-down bottom-up shades offer the control that allows you to manage natural light. Window shades with the TDBU feature have cords on each side: one cord enables the shade to be raised from the bottom and the other cord enables the shade to be brought down from the top. These shades are also accessible in a cordless choice, and so are safe for the home with kids and pets.
Get both the light control and privacy with ZebraBlinds Caanada’s stunning choice of Top-down Bottom-up Shades. Choose from our wide selection of best TDBU in Roman Shades, Cellular Shades, Pleated Shades and Natural Shades.
Reasons For Choosing TDBU Shades
Top-down bottom-up enables you to bring your shade down from the top or raise it from the bottom. It’s valuable when you are searching for an outstanding view out your window, yet looking for the option of privacy at the same time. Here are a few why you should pick TDBU shades for your room.
- Safe for Pets and Kids: Kids and pets will play with anything they get their hands on, and your home windows and blinds are no exceptions. TDBU cordless shades are a great and safe option for a household with curious and energetic kids. Top-down bottom-up shades enable you to adjust the bottom part of your shades enough so that your pets have a view to the outside, while the top part of the shades allows how much light will enter the room.
- Light Control and Privacy: Top-down bottom-up shades offer you the ability to control incoming natural light while still allowing for privacy from the outside world. This feature enables you to bring down your shades from the top, letting in all that light, while still keeping the bottom half closed to keep out unwanted views into your home. These shades help to filter the unwanted UV rays and glare to protect your floor and furniture from fading.
- Energy Efficient: During the winter, the top portion of the shade can be opened, allowing sunlight to warm the room naturally. And when it’s hot outside, open the bottom portion of indirect light. This will give you better control over room temperature and help you to maintain your energy bills.
Shades Which Use The TDBU Feature
- Cellular Shades: The most popular top-down bottom-up shade style is the honeycomb cellular shades, which offers the best light control and privacy. The design enables you to lower or raise this honeycomb shade from the top or the bottom. Honeycomb design makes a cell-like structure and creates an air pocket. These air pockets are responsible for the insulation feature of the shades. These shades give you the comfortable environment by preventing heat loss during the winter season and heat absorption during the month of summer.
a) Blackout Cordless Top-Down Bottom-Up Cellular Shades – The blackout cordless TDBU cellular shades are a great choice for any home. This feature enables you to lower the shade from the top and also raise it from the bottom. These blackout window treatments provide 100% light blockage and complete privacy.b) Cordless Top-Down Bottom-Up Cellular Shades – Cordless top-down bottom-up cellular shades easily lift and lower from the top or bottom with minimal effort and remain same when released. Since the shades are cordless, they are safe for your kids and pets.
- Roman Shades: Roman shades don’t have any spaces between vanes so it creates a continuous look and allows more privacy. The shades are ideal for bedroom or bathroom. The top down bottom up control option allows the shade to be raised from the bottom up or from the top down.
This feature is perfect for blocking the unwanted views while enjoying the natural sunlight. Even you can have the control options like continuous looped control or cordless. These shades also come up with liners for more privacy and light control. The elegance of the Roman shade with the functionality of TDBU.
- Natural Shades: These shades are made of natural products like bamboo, jute, grass and some amount of wood and, therefore, is very environment-friendly. The shades have the balance option also which helps to improve the looks of the shades. They have Standard cord control, continuous-loop lift system, cordless, and top down bottom up control options. Even you can choose the light filtering shades which allow the natural light to be diffused and for more privacy, you can choose blackout shades.
- Pleated Shades: This is the perfect window covering for any window since they are smooth, stylish and reasonable.
You can choose any control options between standard cords, continuous loop, cordless, top down bottom up corded or top down bottom up cordless. Liner option is also available in this shade for privacy control.
To install the shades, all you need is a drill, measuring tape, a pencil, and a screwdriver. There will be 2 operating cords – one on the left side and one on the right side. One of the cords operates the shade from the top down while the other from the bottom up. It’s also going to have 3 rails and brackets which can be used for either inside mounting or outside mounting.
For inside mounting, clip the brackets onto the headrail. Hold the shade in place and make a mark at the rear of each bracket where it touches the inside of the window frame. Remove the brackets from the headrail and align them with the marks.
For outside mounting, clip the brackets onto the headrail. Hold the shade level at the height desired and center it over the window opening. Mark the exact location of each bracket. Remove the brackets from the headrail and position the top of each bracket at the marked location and screw each bracket into the wall or window molding. Then, attach the handle to the middle rail. To lower and raise the shade from the top, grip the middle rail handle and pull straight down or up.
With top-down bottom-up shades, you are the master of light control and privacy in your home. TDBU shades offer particular answers for your light control and privacy concerns. You can bring the top down while raising the bottom up, giving you the complete control over the atmosphere of your room with minimal effort. Top-down bottom-up shades allow you to stop glare without obstructing all light, regardless of where the sun lies in the sky. These shades are an extraordinary choice for rooms that require light control and privacy, such as bathrooms, bedrooms, and offices. If your window faces the road or a neighbor, or if you simply you ache for variety, this lift alternative has you covered.
Top-down bottom-up shades are the ideal solution to your home needs, and with such a variety of choices, you’re certain to locate your ideal shades. Let ZebraBlinds designers help you to pick ones that look great while still giving you extreme control over the lighting, privacy, and energy efficiency in your home.