Facing Problems? Get the Right Window Treatments for French Door
French doors are not just like any other window. With long glass and a decorative handle, they add beauty, elegance, and natural light to your home. French doors can be used as both entryway patio doors and as interior doors also that will divide two areas. They are generally used for a deck or a backyard patio. They are often found in the entryway between a dining room and kitchen or living room.
So are you planning to cover your French door with best window treatment so that they last a long time? Before you get started with your window treatment for French doors there can be a lot of questions that can arise in your mind. What are the problems with your french doors and what should you do to get the best solution? What are the best window treatments for French door?
Benefits of having French Doors
French doors are a popular choice in many homes because of their aesthetic look, versatility, and is a great solution for interior and exterior areas.
- French doors are stylish and provide an elegant look to your home.
- Has the option to choose from various designs.
- Provide your room with privacy and reduce energy bills by balancing the temperature with the outside.
- They are durable and offer a view of the rest of the room or the outside.
There are so many advantages of having French doors in your home, but they can bring some disadvantages too.
The main problems with French doors include:
- Energy Efficiency Issues – Because of the French doors, you might be facing the problem of air and water leakage. Their design allows air to get through and can create problems of insulation through the large panes of glass.
- Technical Issues – Because of the hooks on French doors, they will require service for a longer lifespan and may show wear or issues over time. As a lot of weight swings on those hinges, they often need adjustment.
- Space and Blocked Views – This type of doors can be inconvenient in smaller spaces. Small rooms work better with a sliding patio door because it does not require any space to open and close.
If these problems are a deal breaker, Sliding glass patio doors offer a great alternative solution to French doors. Below are the advantages of having sliding glass doors:
- Sliding glass doors are easy to operate.
- You can easily see the outside view through the sliding glass door.
- They are ideal for homes with smaller spaces because these doors require almost no space to open.
- Sliding glass doors use insulated frames to provide better energy efficiency than normal French doors.
Top 5 Window Treatments for Your French Doors
There are a number of window treatments for French doors that will help them to make more beautiful, elegant, and that will provide you with the light control and privacy you are looking for. Your family deserves a solution that will provide you with ease and functionality, while also ensuring energy savings with shading and insulation.
The best window blinds for French doors will depend on a few things: your existing decor scheme, the amount of light desired in the room, your privacy requirements, and your budget. Below are the best window treatments for French doors –
These blinds offer warmth, texture, modern functionality, durability and are available in a wide range of colors and textures. Wood Blinds are perfect for your home as they finish the look of your French doors and improve the decor of your room.
Aluminum Blinds help your room to protect from the excess sunlight and harmful UV rays that coming through your French doors. These blinds are very durable, fire retardant, dust resistant, and very easy to clean.
Roller Shades For French Doors:
- These shades will help you to decrease the temperature of your room and keep it cold by blocking the UV rays and heat. Roller Shades are available in a variety of fabrics to fit different needs and styles.
Cellular Honeycomb Shades
Cellular shades are a great choice as they are good at insulation because of the honeycomb air pockets. Top down bottom up options are available with these shades, allowing you to open the shade in both directions for increased versatility in privacy and light control. The cordless option makes your home safe for kids and pets.
French Door Curtains – If you want to make your French doors the focal point of your room, that will match the other window coverings in the room, then choose a peculiar, dramatic, and soft window curtain for your French doors.
Buy Best Window Treatments for French Door: Save Time and Money with a Professional Expert
With the proper window coverings, French doors can be the central point of your room. Whether you are searching for a classic, modern, traditional, elegant, or contemporary window treatments for French doors, our design experts will help you to find out the best window covering solution within your budget.
At ZebraBlinds, you have the option to “Try Before You Buy”: we offer free samples for your convenience that will help you to find out the best style and material for your home. Get the other benefits of free shipping, attractive deals on products, and easy customization while shopping.
Call us or leave a comment if you face any difficulty while dressing your windows. We will be glad to serve you!