A Detailed Study on Fixing Cordless Pleated Shades
Pleated shades are a unique and classy choice when it comes to giving the windows a crisp and clean texture. The shades are not only aesthetically pleasing but also manufactured to provide your space with multiple benefits. Installing these shades will offer your home décor an inexpensive casual look. You may love these window shades for offering the soft attractive look and dimension they bring to your windows. They are made from a solid piece of fabric folded into crisp pleats that sag and stack elegantly. These window dressings come in a variety of design and style choices and picking up the right one will add great value to your décor.
Have a look at some of the benefits of mounting cordless pleated window shades in your house:
• Pleated shades come in different opacity levels and choosing the right liner can control the amount of light in while preventing other harmful rays that can cause damage to your valuable belongings and affect your health too.
• The shades are extremely versatile at providing your indoor with ultimate privacy, keep the prying eyes of the passer-by out of the home.
• Looking to save on electricity bills? Pleated shades could be the answer. Their smart design will maintain a consistent temperature inside the house, reducing a burden on energy costs.
• These shades come with the top down bottom up mechanism which allows the shades to open from the bottom as well as from the top. And you can enjoy both natural daylight and privacy at the same time of the day.
• Cordless mechanism not only create a smooth and clutter-free look but also ensure the safety and security of the little ones from the hazards of dangling window cords.
• Easy to clean and maintain. Dusting and vacuuming will remove all the dust and dirt from your window shades.
No matter what design or fabric you choose for your pleated shading, you always want them to shine, look smart and new as ever for as long as possible. But despite all your efforts, these window treatments may become damaged due to many causes or break after few years. Repairing them can cost you lots of bucks but learning few steps can solve your problem. Well, we can help you out! You don’t require lots of skills or training for this DIY process. Following some easy guidelines can easily fix the common types of issues.
Ways of Fixing Cordless Pleated Shades
Check out the below step by step techniques and save your money while keeping the shades maintained without any wear or tear!
• One of the most common problems that most of the homeowners confront is how to fix cordless pleated shades that won’t go up. If the shades are open or close for long period, then there is a chance that inner springs may nor work properly. To reactivate, gently pull down the shades as far as it will go. When it reaches to endpoint, pull it toward you at a 45-degree angle. Repeat this for 3-4 times, and they will start working without any hassle.
• If the pleated shades look uneven, then don’t try to pull them, else they will look more unbalanced than before. Take the bottom part of the window treatment in your hand. Hold the middle part and then pull the shade all the way downward. Be gentle and do it until the shade becomes even and symmetrical.
• Friction clips are used to open or close your cordless pleated blinds. But sometimes they may create some problems and you may want to try removing one or more friction clips. Start by opening the headrail and look for the clips inside. Remove one clip and then place the headrail back in the position. If the shade works smoothly then no need to take out any more of the clips. If required, then keep removing the clips one by one and put the headrail back, and look for whether the shade is working fine or not.
• Sometimes, the steel rods (placed on the bottom end of the shades) of the shades may not work properly. Take out the end caps and you will get two long steel pieces. Remove one and then put the end caps back on. Now, raise and lower to check the smoothness of the shades. But if it still creates issues, then remove the other one as well.
These are the basic problems you may find with your cordless pleated shades. But if you get any other trouble, it’s better to contact a professional who can provide you the right solution.
And most importantly, follow these fixing instructions at your own risk as ZebraBlinds takes no responsibility of any damage or loss that happens during the process. It’s better to check with the experts or shade manufacturer before you get started as depending upon the damage, the ways can vary.
Fixing cordless pleated shades are not that tricky as it sounds. But always make sure to purchase your product from a trustworthy manufacturer who assures quality products that last for long. Don’t hesitate to ask for help because at the end of the day, you need a working shade that can add value to your interior while being durable and sturdy!