A Brief Guideline on Window Frame Installation
From allowing natural light to providing energy-efficiency, windows provide the ultimate protection and added style to your interior. When it comes to windows, there are plenty of choices in terms of aesthetics, sizes, and shapes, and you can install the suited one. Though windows play a vital role in offering multiple functional and practical values, over time they may require replacement because of damage or wear and tear. Replacing and installing a new window frame may be a daunting task for many, but following the right steps will make it easier for you. If you are moving into a new house, then you don’t have to worry about installing them but replacing them with a new one can also be challenging. Whether you are installing a new frame or looking for a replacement, the below steps will help you out in both processes. So before you get started, go through the below instructions to avoid mistakes!
Step by Step Ways of Installation
If you are unfamiliar with window terminology and installing frames for the first time, then the task can be confusing. That’s why we are here to help you out.
Disclaimer – There are various ways of installing a window frame. So before you jump into any, check with a professional for error-free installation. ZebraBlinds is not responsible for any damage caused during the above process.
• Step 1: Start with removing the window trim and other extensions from around the old window using a pry bar and hammer. Also, remove any trim material like nails that hold the window in place. Be careful while doing this so that the window doesn’t fall out on you (also make sure you don’t break the glass) and keep the trim pieces aside to use them again.
• Step 2: Remove the old sill using a hammer and mark the center of it. It will make your new window to be centered. After doing this, check whether there is any damage or not, and fix them before you move forward.
• Step 3: Create a new window sill. For this step, take a cordless impulse power nailer and re-nail the old sill to strengthen it. And then form a new window sill. Now, take a measuring tape to create markings in order to install the new frame.
Note – If you are doing it for your new home, then take the measurements of the window properly and then place an order for the frame. And make sure there is enough space in the window opening to pass the frame without any hassle.
• Step 4: Once you get the measurements, install the window frame, and secure them using nails on the sides and the top.
• Step 5: Use caulk in between the new frame and the sill for added protection from outside heat and light. And finally, place the frame into the window opening and level it properly
To install a window frame, you don’t require specialized skills. All you need to do is follow the right steps. The above guideline is the easiest way to complete your task. But always seek help from professionals as they are ready to guide you throughout the process!