Motorization is a feature that is prevalent among many home appliances. The days of switching your electric bulbs on and off by walking over to the board, or tilting the shades by pulling the cords are long gone. The world of window treatments, like any other, has been made rather easy and convenient for users in the past decade and continues to be so thanks to motorization. Many window treatments have now become privy to the far-reaching and multiple benefits of motorization. There are solar shades, roller shades, wooden shutters, vinyl blinds and Roman blinds that now boast of such technology. Combine the good looks of these shades with pre-scheduled timers of a remote, and you have a modern window treatment that can ace the contemporary theme of your home rather well. Like these window treatments, Zebra Sheer Shades, made from high-quality polyester, is one of the fabulous window treatments in the market that also have the motorized feature in them. Combined with it and the functional benefits, these shades are one of the most popular kinds.
In this section, we will explain to you the varied benefits and features associated with Zebra Sheer Motorized Shades, and how you can change the motor direction on them. This, as you will find out, is one of the many concerns of people who have them set up in their homes.
The Functioning And Setup Of Zebra Sheer Shades
With a range of alluring designs, color options, and fabrics, Zebra Sheer Shades are a delight to behold. They have alternating sheer and solid fabrics for flexibility in light control and privacy, giving others the impression that they have gaps between them just like vinyl blinds and window shutters. Available at Zebra Blinds in different slat sizes, they can be customized to fit your window requirements in any kind of room. Here are some of the features that you can boast of when you have visitors at a weekend get-together.
- Range Of Fabrics: The kind of fabrics depends upon the colors in the sheer shades. You have the option of choosing from over 10 light filtering and 4 room darkening fabrics. The combinations thus made can be limitless. Depending upon the fabric chosen, the sizes can also vary, so it is necessary to keep the dimensions of the window in question while choosing them. Madera Ivory comes in 3 ⅞-inch solid vane and 2 ¾-inch sheer vane, while Madera Chocolate comes in 4-inch solid vane and 2 ⅝-inch sheer vane. Rolex Grey comes in 2 ⅞-inch solid vane and 2-inch sheer vane.
- Maximum Width and Size: Zebra Blinds cater to windows of all sizes, big and small, narrow and wide. You may set up the sheer shades on small windows in the kitchen and bathroom to large windows in the living room and bedroom. They may also be a great fit for your odd-shaped circular, oval and bay windows. Wherever they are set up, they will only attract favoritism and appreciative glances from people. The maximum width and height they can go up to is 94 inches for greater visual appeal and elegance.
- Measuring Process: It is a very simple and easy process to measure these blinds, which can go a long way into saving money for you. They have a separate guide on how to measure them, so you are better advised to follow it. Just to make it short and simple, we can tell you how it’s done. Mounting these shades inside means installing them within the window casing. For that, you need to measure the exact width using a professional tape, up to the closest 1/8th inch at the top, middle and bottom sides of the window. You should also measure the length of the window diagonally, from the top left to the bottom right, and the top right to the bottom left. The fabric width thus chosen will be approximately 1-1 ⅝-inches narrower than ordered.
- The Motorized Option: Who can remain oblivious to the motorized feature on these shades, which has lately become one of their highlights? After all, when you have the convenience of operation from a distance, which doesn’t even require you to get up from your sofa chair or the comfy fabric of your bedding set, why’d you go for the corded setup? Not that the latter has any few takers, for many people still prefer a “traditional” setup. However, the motorized feature has wowed homeowners across the globe. Besides convenience, it entails security and safety from the hazards of cords that may be within reach of kids and pets who might find a string of fabric too hard to resist. This leads to strangulation and even death in some cases, as reported. The motorized feature also comes to your rescue when you’re away on a client meeting out of your city, but you’re still worried for the safety of your home. With the motorized feature on Zebra Sheer Shades, you can set the blinds to open and close at regular intervals to create the impression to trespassers and burglars that the house is occupied and functioning at all times, even during odd hours.
- Visual Elegance: The contemporary appeal brought by these shades, combined with their privacy feature, is just what you’ve been looking forward to all this time. Zebra Sheer Shades boast of a rather appealing design which can work well in all seasons, and when light filters through these shades, they create a fabulous glow inside the room. This revs up the look of your home and makes the shades a terrific addition to the modern decor elements.
How To Change The Motor Direction Of The Shades?
The process will be applicable for any shade with a built-in chargeable battery, so it is essential that you first understand the setup of the shade. It is quite possible that you may reverse the motor direction after a reset, or by accident. This may change the direction of the “up” and “down” buttons of the remote. So in order to change it again, you need to follow the below steps.
- Press and hold the “stop” button of the remote for around five seconds. You will know it’s working when the shade jogs up and down slightly.
- Press the “down” button on the remote for five seconds, after which the motor will make another jogging sound.
- The direction of the motor will now be successfully reversed.
Before you follow these steps, however, you must ensure that the batteries in there are durable and still have a lot of charge left. These require your attention regularly, as even the most long-lasting of them need to be replaced at least three times a year for best use. Contact your manufacturer and take sufficient information about the kind used in them, and find out stores nearby that can provide the exact same batteries that Zebra Blinds provides.
Final Note: Changing the motor direction of your Zebra Sheer Shades requires a very simple process of pressing the stop button and then pressing the down button for a few seconds. If you don’t find success with it, you may reset the motor so that it functions the way you want. As these shades are extremely popular owing to their design and both light filtering and room darkening fabrics in their construction, they need to be maintained well for longer use.