Round top windows are a beautiful window covering that adds visual appeal and architectural interest to the windows and elevate the beauty of your home. The clean design and unique shape make this window easily co-ordinate with various interior styles, creating a statement for your home décor. These windows are the perfect way to balance the beauty and strength of your indoor. Keeping these windows bare will allow direct daylight and fresh air to enter your space, which will rejuvenate and brighten up your space dramatically. This is where these round top windows hold pride in the home. These windows are also referred as arched windows, incorporate a half-circle at the top of a rectangular bottom, uniquely designed to offer your space a vintage look. But these windows need some care and maintenance to enhance the beauty and longevity while protecting your indoor from the harshness of excess sunlight and other harmful rays. Among the various accessories and treatments, we choose to cover our windows, a popular one is shutters. Window shutters are considered to be one of the solid and sturdiest window solutions to mount on the round top windows. Their uniqueness and smooth functionality make them the right choice for the specialty shaped windows. Make shutters part of your home décor and enjoy their incredible efficiency through life!
Shutter Customization to Create the Desired Style
Shutters are available in different fabric materials which include PVC, vinyl, and wood along with an assortment of colors, textures, and pattern options to create a seamless look while adding the touch of warmth and elegance. Wooden shutters are perfect when you are planning to integrate some natural touch to the windows. Make sure the tone or design you select should match your existing décor style and highlight the other key decorative elements in your home. Customize them efficiently to create a designer-worthy look for these uniquely shaped windows.
Other Functional Values of Shutters
Shutters are one of the elegant and versatile ways of covering the arch top round windows. They are aesthetically pleasing but also offer few functional benefits that enhance the value of your space.
- Controls Sunlight: Shutters are made of different size of slats or vanes and adjusting them will control the direct daylight coming through these windows. Keeping the vanes closed will obstruct all the light while improving the privacy level.
- Insulation: Shutters are considered to be one of the best insulators, by preventing the excess heat, these window solutions create an ideal and consistent indoor ambiance while lowering the home’s electricity bills.
- Made of superior quality materials makes them extremely durable and strong. If you are someone who is looking for long-term investment, then shutters are the perfect solution.
Different Types of Shutters for Round Top Windows
It’s no wonder that uniquely shaped windows such as round to windows are the focal points of your house. And dressing them is an important element in terms of aesthetics and functional aspects. Dressing these windows don’t have to be a difficult task as long as you know exactly what you want. Whether you own traditional home décor or a modern one, shutters are the number one reliable and practical choice to cover your round top windows. When looking for different types of shutters, there are multiple options available to fit the round windows efficiently –
- Full Height Shutters: These shutters are designed to cover the windowpane for maximum privacy and sunlight control.
- Tier-on-Tier Shutters: Made of two shutter panels and you can open the top and bottom halves of the window individually.
- Shaped Shutters: These custom-made fit windows are perfect to fit your round top windows while offering various functional benefits.
- Cafe Style Shutters: These are designed to cover the bottom part of a window, but the top part will remain uncovered, hence these shutters are not a great option for round top windows.
- Solid Shutters: Made of solid panels but without louvers or slats, great for those areas where you want complete light blockage and effective insulation. These shutters bring a traditional feel inside your home.
There are few more shutter designs available in the market, but they are not suitable for round top windows.
Note: If you have round top windows in your bathroom, then opt for waterproof shutters which are made of ABS plastic, can withstand the excess humidity and water condition without any damage.
How to Measure for a Round Top Window Shutter
For width, take the dimension from left to right of the frame and for height, take the measurement from the bottom to the top part of the frame. And there is one more measurement you need to calculate, called the Spring line. It is the dimension from the top point to the bottom where the arch begins. Generally, the Spring Line measurement is equal to half of the window width.
Once you take the right measurements, it becomes very easy to install your favorite shutter without any hassle.
Shutters for Special Shaped Windows!!
If you want your differently shaped windows to stand out in the crowd, leave an impact and give your windows a trendy touch, then opt for shutters for your top round windows. Choose any of the above designs mentioned, and give your windows an astounding makeover. Make sure to feature the shutter with some stylish and gorgeous color and design options to do justice to these windows. Consult with the professionals to create a unique and distinct look for your home décor!