In our current days, home decor has gone being beyond just functional. They also need to appear to be aesthetically appealing. Home decor, furniture and every component of the house have to play multiple functionalities while also being aesthetically appealing and coordinating. These days it has become easier to draw inspiration and pick from a variety of options when it comes to decorating your space. You can pick from a wide variety of ideas and even learn about new home decor and design that did not exist previously. Gone are the days where one had to try out or mentally imagine how certain window accents will pair with your decor theme. All you need to do is scroll through the world wide web, see your options, read, research and pick the right ones. You can choose from a wide variety that lies within drapes, curtains, sheers, blinds, shutters, and shades. Sometimes we love the shade but also want the option to provide our house with that golden glow. That’s where sheers become your number one option when it comes to window treatments.
What are Sheers?
Looking for elegant ways to bring forward to the charm of your space? Sheer window shades are the perfect way to do so. These are window accents that are a cross between blinds and shade. Featuring the sturdy construction of blinds but with delicate semi-transparent or translucent fabric, these are a lovely option when you want to introduce a sophisticated element to your space. These are an effective way to control the amount of light that enters your space. This is because you can enjoy the shade while also filtering in just the right amount of light for you to relax in.
You can easily operate them like shades or blinds through a cord system or with a wand. Based on your preference you can even get it motorized. The construction of sheer shades is unique. Due to their delicate nature, they come in multiple layers (usually two) attached to vanes. It is these vanes that one can adjust to let in light. They’re a great option for French patio doors or garden doors.
What are the Benefits of Sheer Shades?
Sporting a delicate design, sheer shades are a lovely option to decorate spaces like the living room or guest room where warm natural hues will set the tone of the ambiance. Different types of window coverings come with their own sets of benefits. They bring something unique to your space that other accent prices might not be able to. Sheers also fall into this category. They provide certain unique features; they are as follows:
- Love having that golden halo envelope your space? Sheers are perfect for that! They’re the perfect accent piece for that. They allow you to filter in the natural light that enters your space. Most sheers are constructed with delicate fabric that can filter light. But keep in mind they can only reduce the light that enters your space, they cannot completely block it.
- With sheer shades, you can choose any customization you like to set the right ambiance. You can choose ones that operate with a cord or remote-controlled sheer shades or even motorized sheer shades. Based on your budget and preference you can pick any way to operate your sheer shades.
- Sheer shades come in different vane sizes. This means that based on your need you can pick vane sizes. For small or narrow windows, narrow vanes are recommended and for wide, large windows, wider vanes are chosen. Not only do you get a choice in the size but also the colors too!
- While other blinds and shades by themselves make an accent statement, sheer shades can be styled in various ways. You can pair it easily with almost any type of drapery and give your space a refreshing look.
Is it Difficult to Install Sheer Shades?
Installing shades or blinds for the first time can be a bit tricky, but there are certain steps to follow and certain tools needed for it. It’s not difficult but requires a certain level of patience. For a more in-depth understanding you can refer to the instruction manual that comes with the shades, talk to the manufacturer or if it’s an online purchase, scroll through the product description link. Here is a brief guide to sheer shade installation:
1) Ensure you have all the required hardware. When you’re attempting to install sheer shades by yourselves, you need to make sure that you have all the required mounting hardware with you. These can include wall anchors, screws, extension brackets and mounting brackets. You would also need to check to ensure the size of these items is right for your sheer shades. That you can find either in the instruction manual or the product description link where you bought the blinds.
2) Apart from the mounting hardware, you need to ensure that you have all the required tools for the process by you. These include pencil, tape measure, level, screwdriver, pliers, step stool and a drill. Make a checklist to ensure that these tools are right next to you so you won’t have to scramble for them later.
3) Here is where you start fixing the hardware. Firstly, you’ll need to figure out if your window accents would require inside mounting or outside mounting. Certain things will you’ll need to keep in mind is how to place the brackets and how many brackets will be required. It is important to place brackets close on either side of the window for the hear rail. You might have to pre-drill the screw holes and keep for this as well.
4) In this step, you’ll have to mount the headrail. For this is important to adhere to the techniques specified in the manual so that your headrail is properly secured.
5) For devices that are not operated via remote or are not motorized, it is important to attach the chain or cord so that you can operate it with great ease. The technique of inserting the same may vary depending on the type of mount. For this, the manual plays an important role.
6) The last step is understanding how to operate the sheers, you may either have to tug on the front strings or the rear strings to open it (based on how it is fixed). Always ensure to pull it with evenly with minimal pressure. Another tip to keep in mind is that always keep replacement parts with you handy so that you can always re-fix a loose part or re-adjust if you feel the mounting is wrong.