Factors Affecting the Inside or Outside Mount of a Mini Blind
1. Depth: As long as your window frame has enough depth inside to mount a mini blind, you can go for an inside mount mini blind. This will, however, not work when the windows are too shallow, in which case an outside mount will make your windows look bigger.
2. An Old Window Casing: At times, when the window edges or ledge are not too impressive to boast and you want to save money on refurbishing them, you can mount your windows outside the window frame. Then the focus of your visitors will be on the blind itself, and you can throw your weight around on the quality of your mini blind.
3. For an Impressive Window Design: If, however, you want to set up a window treatment that could, all the more, highlight the unique design and shape of your window, it is a good idea to install a window blind inside the frame. A wide window frame can easily accommodate your choice of mini blinds easily while wowing your guests when looked at in entirety.
4. For Effective Insulation: If your primary purpose of getting a window treatment is comfort, privacy, and protection against extreme weather, an outside mount blind works better than an inside mount blind. The issue with inside mount blinds is that they may allow some light to seep in from the sides and the top. This is not the case with window blinds installed outside the frame. They cover every length and breadth of the window frame, allowing very little scope for heat, light, and cold to pass through.
Mini Blinds for Both Kinds of Installation
Mini blinds, also known as aluminum blinds, are blinds where the slat size is much thinner and sleeker compared to vinyl shades or plantation shutters. Aluminum, known for its extreme durability and strength is a major highlight of these blinds that are built to last very long. The advantage of having mini-blinds, whether you install them either inside or outside the frame, is that they do not allow any light to pass through when they are closed. This makes them very effective for homes experiencing extreme climatic conditions throughout the year. At ZebraBlinds, you can choose them in a wide variety of colors and mounting options. They are available in cordless, one-touch and corded options, and can be customized to be included in any kind of home decor as well as offices, commercial spaces, and government buildings. To sum up, here are a few unique features of these blinds that make them such a big hit among homeowners.
1. Being fire retardant, dirt and stain/scratch-resistant, they will last you for several years.
2. Their mini slats can be easily adjusted to control the amount of light you want inside the room.
3. You can adjust them by having the motorized feature installed, or through wand control or a flexible cord.
4. They are available in a wide array of colors, which you can choose according to the aesthetics of the room.
Final note: If you want some functional benefits from your mini blinds, it is better to install them outside the window frame. This will also make a compact window look bigger. If, however, you wish to show off your window casing, frame and ledge for its superb design, an inside mount option is preferable. However, whatever mounting option you choose, remember that mini blinds are extremely durable and effective window treatments that will last you for several years.