Easy Steps to Operate and Maintain Wooden Venetian Blinds
Wooden Venetian Blinds are an attractive and user-friendly window covering that you can use alone, or you can cover them with curtains or draperies.
If you are looking for a cost-effective option for your window treatment, then Wooden Venetian Blinds are one of the best options. With these blinds, you can lift and tilt the blind to get ideal ambiance, temperature, and privacy level. You can choose the size of the slat according to your window size.
When you tilt the slats open, your outside view isn’t as clear due to the slats, but you can always completely raise the blinds when you want to. These Wooden Venetian Blinds slats are also ideal for windows with narrow window frames and window sills.
How to Fit and Operate Wooden Venetian Blinds?
Before you start, make sure you have all the tools you need, including – brackets, screws, pencil, drill, etc.
- For outside mounting, first, make sure that the center of the rail is precisely in the middle of your window. Then measure the width of the window and the window blinds. For inside mounting, you need to decide whether to face fix (If you want to fit the bracket to the window frame) or top fix your blind (window frames).
- Extend the hinge on each bracket as far is it will go. Put the bracket in place and mark holes according to the fixing.
- After installing the brackets, take off the plastic end caps from blind headrail. Slide the blind into the bracket. To lock the headrail into position, push down and snap shut the hinged doors.
- To raise and lower the blind, use the cord on the left-hand side. To lock the blind into position, pull the cord to one side. Use the other cord to tilt the slats.
How to Pull Down Wooden Venetian Blinds?
- Pull the cord gently, angling the cord toward the center of the blinds to release the blinds and begin pulling down the Venetian blinds.
- Continue holding the cord at this angle as the blinds lower to the level you wish.
- Move the cord out toward the outside edge of the blinds when the blinds are at the desired level. Do not release the cord until you feel the cord lock in place. Release the cord after it locks and the Venetian blinds will stay at that level.
How to Repair Wooden Venetian Blinds?
- Wooden Venetian blinds are one of the most popular, effective, and long-lasting window treatments, but they can create various problems. When the slats warp or break, you can repair them easily.
- On the bottom of every blind, there are at least two plugs that are holding and covering the lift strings. They can be easily removed with a flat-head screwdriver. You can then pull the lift string through the hole. If you are removing a slat, you will have plenty of extra string, and you can cut the knot.
- Once you cut the knots from the lift string you can begin removing it. You only need to go as far as the slat you need to remove. For adjusting the blinds for a better window fit, you need to remove the necessary bottom slats.
- Replace the broken slats.
- Now one by one insert the slats back into the tilt ladders, threading the lift cord back through the routed holes.
- Now replace the plugs removed at the beginning and trim the excess string from the bottom and return the blinds to their original place.
How to Clean Wooden Venetian Blinds?
Most people say that Wooden Venetian Blinds make a great window covering to have in the home or office environment in terms of looks and functionality, but don’t know how to clean them properly. Wooden Venetian window blinds seem to get much dirtier and require cleaning more often than all other blind types. This product can be safely cleaned by Dusting, Vacuuming, Soil removal, and spot cleaning.
Have Questions? Contact Our Design Experts Today!
Wooden Venetian Blinds offer beautiful light control with a stunning range of fashionable colors, rich textures, and exclusive designs to transform any window with style.
Operating these blinds is a simple task to do, but if you don’t know how to do it, sometimes it can be quite frustrating and you just get angry at the window blinds.
If you are facing any problem during operating or repairing your Wooden Venetian Blinds, just give us a call. We will be happy to assist you. You can also ask us any questions in the below section.
So what are you waiting for? Shop now to get attractive offers on our products and give your room a perfect modern look.