Plantation Shutters or Traditional Shutters- Put Your Windows on the Best Dressed List
If you are planning to change the overall your window décor then there are so many options to choose from. And when it comes to decorating your windows with shutters, you can choose either plantation shutters or traditional shutters. Both of these shutters offer privacy and protection from the sun’s heat and damaging UV rays.
Because of the appearance and functionality, many homeowners choose indoor plantation shutters for their home. But many people don’t know the difference between these traditional and plantation shutters.
Plantation Shutters or Traditional Shutters- Know the Difference
If you are planning to install window shutter in your room, then you might be confused between traditional shutter and custom plantation shutter. So before you start know the pros and cons of these shutters. Contact us for more information
Both plantation and colonial shutters are created to control indoor temperatures and increase privacy. They complement a variety of home decor styles. But still, there are so many features that will help you to choose between these two shutters.
Traditional Window Shutters
- Traditional shutters are also known as Colonial Shutters which works as an insulating window treatment. These shutters were designed for the first time in the New England states. They are typically used in homes with an early American or country décor.
- Traditional shutters are made of wood and can be bought in a wide range of paints or stains.
- Traditional window shutter panels come in standard sizes so that they can fit any size of windows.
Graber Plantation Shutters
Plantation Window Shutters are charming and stylish design options in any home. They enhance privacy and block out the excess sunlight to make your room relaxed and comfortable when at home. These shutters are available in a wide range of colors and textures. They look polished and sophisticated in most windows. Still, there are so many other reasons to install these Plantation Shutters.
- Plantation window shutters act as contemporary window treatments and can be mounted on the outside of window frames to close over the windows so they can provide protection against the excess heat and daylight. But nowadays they are used as an interior window covering also.
- When the slats are opened, these shutters provide a good view and natural light through the windows. But when closed, the shutters offer complete privacy and obstruct the sunlight and heat.
- Plantation shutters are usually made of wood but they can be produced from synthetic construction as well.
- They are versatile and less expensive than custom draperies and can increase the sale value of your home.
- The louvers or slats of the plantation shutters are rotatable, enabling you to adjust them to control the amount of light that enters your home.
- Graber Plantation Shutters are the perfect choice for your kitchens.
- The energy efficient properties of these plantation window shutters save money on your energy bills. In the month of summer, when you close these shutters, they keep your house cool, and in the winter they keep it warm.
- The cleaning and maintenance procedure of these shutters is very easy and straightforward.
- Plantation shutters are very durable as they are designed to protect your home from wind or any other direct impact from outside environment.
- Interior Plantation Shutters do not have any dangling cords which makes them the safest choice for kids and pets.
- These shutters will give you a layer of insulation which will reduce the amount of noise coming from outside.
Things to consider before you purchase Plantation Window Shutters:
- Framing and Divider Rails- Divider rails are used for your shutter panels. A divider rail permits you to open the top louvers while leaving the bottom closed.
- Mounting Feature– Window shutters can be installed either inside or outside of the window frame, but installing plantation shutters inside the window frame gives a neater appearance and more accurate fit (when you have decorative trim or molding around your window). But if you don’t have decorative molding around your window, choose an outside mount which will give you a finished look for your room.
- Size of Louver or Slat – Shutters have various louver or slat sizes. Larger slats mean they will provide you with a less obstructed view of the outside while smaller slat sizes are more suitable to small windows.
- Tilt Options– There are two options for tilting. Choose from a traditional tilt bar or to have an unobstructed view go for modern hidden tilt. All these things depend on which style you choose.
Related Posts: Easy Guide on How to Measure for Norman Window Shutters
How much do Custom Plantation Shutters cost?
Many homeowners choose Graber Plantation Shutters because of their elegant and aesthetic look. But they can be a little bit more expensive than other window coverings. At ZebraBlinds, you don’t have to think about any budget, because we offer attractive deals on window shutters. So enjoy the natural light and outside view through these shutters without breaking any budget.
Need Help to Find the Perfect Window Shutter? Contact Us!!
Which one do you prefer for your home – custom plantation shutters or traditional shutters? Your window covering choices are up to you and now that you have more information on both, you can make an informed decision.
If you are not bothered about cost and want an elegant appearance for your home then custom plantation shutters can be the right choice for your windows. They are perfect for those who suffer from allergies and want to avoid dusty environments.
Browse our wide collection of custom window shutters today to get the best deals along with free shipping. If you are facing any difficulties related to these custom plantation shutters, you can order our free samples to get the perfect look. You can also contact us or leave a comment. We will be pleased to provide you the ideal solutions to your problems.