Drapes: A Classic Style
Despite the growing popularity of blinds and shades, drapes and drapery are timeless classics that continue to win hearts. They give rooms an unrivaled rich and luxurious feeling and provide warmth and softness to your interior design.
When a client is faced with the task of redecorating their room, they are faced with options. Choosing drapery can have a significant impact on the overall appearance of a room, but also be budgeted as to not break the bank. Now, let’s go over each one in detail and make a perfect choice by creating a decorative home.
Windows and doors are a feature in a home that may be dressed up to enhance the look and feel of the room they occupy. Adding drapery may help create the feeling of more space as they are bigger and provide good light control, privacy, and airflow control.
There are numerous factors to consider when selecting new draperies for a new house, workplace, or restaurant. The decision should be based on the urgency with which you require them, the style, the overall look and your budget.
Consider the following:
- Double-check the width and height specifications of your door or window. Always go for the longer version over the shorter version. It is always possible to hem anything, but it is impossible to stretch it!
- Consider extending your rod a few inches on either side of the window frame when appropriate, especially if you want the most amount of light. Factor that into your overall measurements.
- The fullness of the drapery should be at least 2x the width of the window, regardless of the type.
- The drapes may need to be machine washed at times, always check the care tags and make sure you buy something that fits your demands.
Drapes: Ready-Made or Custom-Made?
You can have your drapes created to your specifications. You will have to provide dimensions and select fabrics to have drapes created just for your windows. You may give them a personal touch by customizing them to match the colours and textures of your interiors.
Advantages of Ready-Made Drapes
- For the sake of convenience, many opt for ready-made drapes. They are ready to go as is if you opt for store bought drapes. All they will take is mounting on your window and they are set.
- Getting the style and color you want isn’t impossible. If the colour of the drapes aren’t too difficult to find, store bought ready-made drapes are available at a moment’s notice.
- Ready-made drapes are the best option if your budget is restricted. Drapes that have been customized can be more costly.
Reasons Why Custom-Made Drapes Are Recommended
- There’s No Need to Worry About Your Size Anymore
When it comes to draperies, size is an important consideration. Ready-made drapes aren’t chosen to fit your individual window needs. As a result, you’ll always seem to have length issues and will need to have them trimmed to adjust them.
- Countless Possibilities
When you go for custom-made drapes, you’ll have a plethora of fabric, design, texture, and colour options to pick from. You’ll learn about the benefits and drawbacks of each type so you can decide which is right for you. If you want to match the fabric to the walls or have a unique print, custom-made drapes can provide you with both.
- High-quality assurance
Ready-made Draperies are mass-produced in large quantities. While the cost is lower, the quality and attention to detail aren’t emphasized during the manufacturing process. You’ll notice the difference in prints, colour mismatches, and length mismatches, among other things. When you have your draperies custom-made, you can be sure that the details will be closely paid at attention to.
- Quality Linings
The majority of ready-made draperies do not have linings. Linings are recommended because they help to preserve your draperies from fading in the sun, add depth, and hide thread marks from showing through. Linings are always included with custom draperies, and only the highest quality fabric is used to prevent them from wearing out prematurely.
- No Sacrificing Functionality
The functionality of ready-made draperies is frequently degraded. This is because they come in a single standard width, so when you close them for privacy or light filtration, you’ll notice that they don’t seal entirely, leaving gaps. When you open them, they tend to be oversized because they are intended to cover the majority of window. With Custom-made drapes, you will get the size you need and do not have to worry about such issues.