Decorate Your Home For The Holidays
From the moment of the first snow or just the start of the winter season, we wait excitedly for the Christmas holidays. Homes are decorated with Christmas trees, wreaths, bows, and poinsettias, windows at home or work are decorated and filled with lights and messages of joy. There is something very magical and amazing about seeing the spectacle of light and Christmas decor from home on a cold winter night.
How should you decorate your windows at home? There are many styles to choose from.
Window Treatments for a Canadian Christmas
Before buying any products, consider the following:
- A common feature that people require is the ability to diffuse light coming through your window. Blinds are available with different sizes of slats and the ability to open, close and tilt them in any which way possible. This provides you with a greater control of light over shades and curtains.
- Privacy is another thing to consider. Blinds, as well as shades with blackout fabrics or liners, are ideal for this purpose. When installed properly, blinds and shades don’t allow strangers to see into your home.
- Your windows should complement your interior decor. Blinds and shades come in a wide range of colors, patterns, and textures, so choose accordingly to best suit your room.
- Blinds are more long-lasting as compared to the other window coverings; especially the faux wood and aluminum blinds. Choose these for maximum durability.
- Motorized lift options make operation easy. You can operate them by using a remote or, with a smart hub, your smartphone or a voice assistant like Google Home or Amazon Echo.
There are so many options to choose from. Browse our full section to get the best Christmas offers for window shades in Canada.
Renovating In Time For The Holidays –
This Christmas season, online stores such as ZebraBlinds are offering attractive discounts and sales offers for their customers. Select shades that are eye-catching, good for the winter season, and that will impress your guests.
You can choose from the below window coverings to decorate your room this Christmas season:
Insulating Cellular Shades Canada
Dress up your windows with the highly insulating Cellular shades to prevent heat loss through your windows to keep you warm and toasty this winter season. The honeycomb air pockets trap air to limit heat transfer through the window.
Cellular shades are available in single cell and double layered cellular shades. The double cell honeycomb shades offer maximum insulation and privacy, more than the single cell cellular shades.
If you have family over with a lot of kids running around, choose cordless or motorization options. These have no dangling cords that are hazards to kids and pets. The shades are also very easy to clean and install.
Custom Roman Shades –
Insulated Roman shades are ideal for retaining heat during the winter. Roman shades that are made of thicker material can keep warm air inside during the cold months. Roman shades come in different types of liners. Roman shades with thermal liners help absorb heat or cold coming into the home and maintain room temperature.
Roller Shades Canada-
Roller shades can keep the sun out of your home while giving you extra privacy. Light filtering roller shade fabrics keep the sun’s rays out of your home while still allowing light in, saving you money on your energy bills.
You can choose between our Crown Blackout Roller Shades, LightWeaves Graber Roller Shades, or Crown Light Filtering Roller Shades.
Window Shutters –
Insulated interior shutters are solid shutter doors with rigid foam insulation. When closed, they can completely reduce heat gain during the summer and heat loss during the winter. If you adjust them tightly against a window frame, they’ll provide an insulating air space between the shutter and the window.