Top 6 Allergy Free Window Treatments for a Healthy Living
Nowadays allergies are a very common thing for many people especially when you live with your family under one rooftop. Allergies can destroy your immune system which can be extremely frustrating. Homes are regularly assaulted by dirt, dust mites, and other allergens. Do you know that most of the allergens or dirt comes through your windows? So to prevent this, you should focus on your windows. To get some relief, choose from our best allergy free window treatments that will reduce the effects of allergies in your home.
Suffering from Allergies? Try the Below Allergy Free Window Treatments
Apart from improving the look of your home décor, window treatments can have the power to prevent allergies which can damage a person’s immune system. There are a lot of choices of allergy resistant window coverings that hold very small amount of dust and other dirty substances. And those window treatments are very easy to clean also.
At ZebraBlinds, we know which window treatments can reduce your allergies and which of them could make your allergies more manageable. So if you got allergies then below allergy free window treatments could be right for you.
Window Roman Shades
If you are suffering from allergies then installing beautiful patterned roman shades can be the right choice for your room. But still, some amount of dust can be there which will stick in the folds of roman shades. It’s true that you have to clean your roman shades more than any other shade. But you can easily clean them on a regular basis by vacuuming and dusting. Choose those roman shades that are made of vinyl because they are easier to clean and maintain.
Energy Efficient Cellular Honeycomb Shades
Another great option for people facing allergies is choosing cellular honeycomb shades. The air pockets of this shade are responsible to trap the polluted air and dust coming from outside. That said, the pockets of the shade can be difficult to clean, so be aware of how much dust and dirt you receive in your windows.
There are so many choices for cellular shades to choose from such as – Crown Cordless Light Filtering Cellular Shades, Cellular Shades Light Filtering SS, Crown Premium Light Filtering Cellular Shades, etc. You can choose them according to your style of choice and preferences.
Vertical Window Blinds
You should always choose those window blinds that don’t collect dust and in that case, vertical window blinds can be the best choice window covering.
To avoid dust or dirt, it’s better to go for vertical window blinds that are produced from PVC or vinyl fabric. These window blinds are very easy to clean and maintain. Simply use a vacuum cleaner or a duster, or a damp cloth to keep them dirt free.
Choose from Graber Sheer Vertical Shades or Graber 3½ inch PVC Vertical Blinds for best results.
Window Wood Shutters
Wood shutters are another option to prevent allergy or any type of disease. The texture (wood tone) of these eco-friendly window treatments brings the outside beautiful nature inside your room. The beautiful and amazing texture of wood shutter does not allow more dust to accumulate and at the same time, they are very easy to clean.
Cheap Aluminum Mini Blinds
At the time of cleaning, if you don’t like to remove your curtains or shades completely then you can go for aluminum blinds and there are so many options available to choose from.
Because of their durability and versatility, they become the very popular choice for allergy sufferers. You can clean them with a vacuum cleaner or use a damp cloth.
Curtains that You Can Clean Easily
It is important to remove dust stains easily and perfectly to keep allergies away, so you can consider those window treatments that are washable such as curtains made of cotton or synthetic.
Apart from window coverings follow the below things to make your room allergy-proof –
- Dust is the main reason for many allergic reactions. When you are at home dust can come through the windows and doors. So for a healthy living, you should always clean your home windows and doors. To clean them, spray some cleaning liquid onto a dry cloth or sponge and wipe down the entire window. It’s better to wear a mask while cleaning windows because that time also dust can enter to your body.
- Keeping air coolers near your windows can trap the dust coming through your windows that can help to prevent any kind of diseases.
- If you are suffering from allergies, it’s better to close your windows throughout the day. But sometimes it’s better to open your windows as well to let natural light and air enter your room. So know those particular timings when you should close them such as when the humidity is too high or when it’s raining heavily outside.
- If there is any small crack or hole available around your windows then dust or other polluted things can come to your space through that. To avoid these things, repair the cracks or consult with a window specialist.
- In short, choose window coverings that are made of PVC or synthetic materials, but if you choose fabric make sure you clean them often.
Make a Healthy Choice by Choosing Our Best Allergy Free Window Treatments
Most of the people think that allergies can be prevented by changing mattresses, carpets or other furnishings. But the main reason behind this allergy is dirt and other polluting substances which come through your windows. So always cover your windows well with the best dust free window treatments. Shop now to get the best deals on our products. If you don’t know which one to choose, order our free samples to match your home décor style. We value our customers and we want to make your home attractive, elegant, and healthy as well.
Contact our support team for any help or type your questions in the comment section. They will help you by giving the best solutions for your queries.