Vertical Blinds for Patio Doors- A Complete Makeover Guide
There are so many dilemmas we face when it comes to decorating our windows, especially patio doors. As there are so many window coverings available in the market of window fashion, it’s not that easy to find the perfect one which will give you all the benefits you are looking for.
Once you install window coverings for patio doors, they can transform the overall look of your room. These doors will allow natural light in your room without obstructing the outside view. Through these door windows, you can invite the outside nature to your room to enjoy the cool and fresh air.
But which one will be the best to fit your patio doors? There are so many types of coverings. That is the reason we are here to help you. Our recommendation is to choose Vertical Window Blinds as they provide excellent light control and offer easy operation in conjunction with the doors. There are so many products for Vertical Window Blinds to choose from. For example – Graber Sheer Vertical Shades, 3½ Inch Vertical Blinds SS, Graber 3½ inch PVC Vertical Blinds, Graber 3½ inch Fabric Vertical Blinds, and Graber 3½ inch Elite Wooden Vertical Blinds.
Vertical Blinds for Patio Doors
Vertical window blinds give your room a sleek and modern look which makes them the ideal choice for your patio doors. Many homeowners think that vertical blinds are out of style. But that’s not true as these blinds are available in various fabrics, colors, and textures. These blinds are made of PVC, vinyl, or wood fabric. These custom-made vertical blinds for patio doors help you achieve the look you desire for your home and offer semi-privacy or total privacy to your room depending on your requirements.
How to Measure Vertical Blinds for Patio Doors?
When you are planning to install vertical blinds for patio doors, make sure that you measure for outside mounting. You can’t often go for inside mounting, as most doors don’t have enough mounting depth to install these blinds inside the window frame. So choose outside mounting.
To get started, all you need is a measuring tape, pen, and paper. The width of the vertical window blinds should be measured from the outside of the window frame from left to right. Outside mounting will ensure that you will get the proper measurement with any deduction. While taking measurements, you should always note down the accurate measurements (the width first and then the height). Add to the width for overlap, and take the height to include the headrail and to end a bit above the floor so that the vanes don’t drag.
Related Posts: How to Measure for Vertical Blinds?
Advantages and Disadvantages of Installing Vertical Window Blinds in Patio Doors
There are so many benefits of having patio doors in your home, but they can bring some disadvantages too. So before you purchase or install, know the pros and cons of these window blinds:
- These blinds are very easy to clean. Use a vacuum cleaner or a damp cloth to clean them on a regular basis.
- You have the option to adjust these blinds to determine how much light and air you want to allow in your room. Even when the blinds are completely closed, they are very good at blocking light and providing privacy as well.
- These vertical window blinds are available from sheer to room darkening features so that you customize your product according to your style.
- There are three louvers types available with these blinds such as – embossed crown, smooth crown or S-Shaped embossed. These louvers are responsible for opening and closing of vanes.
- Vertical window blinds are available in wide widths to cover your large patio doors.
- These patio door window treatments act as energy efficient window blinds, balance the temperature with outside, and reduce the cooling costs inside your home.
- Vertical blinds are available in a very wide array of color and material options.
- One of the best features of using vertical window blinds on the patio doors is their price. These blinds are available in an affordable price. So you can install them without breaking your budget.
- Another point of installing these blinds is their functionality and versatility. You can move them according to your choice and preferences.
- Because of their smooth and easy operation, they are the ideal choice for your homes, offices, and commercial spaces.
Apart from these benefits, there are some disadvantages also such as –
- Many people complain that they break too often which means these blinds are not durable like other window treatments.
- Vertical blinds can create a large stack at the side of the window, which can block the natural light and view.
- These blinds (made of wood and vinyl) can be noisy if the vanes are blown around the windows.
But if you keep these points aside, they can be a great and affordable option for those large patio doors in your home.
Save Time and Money with the Help of Professional Expert
Vertical window blinds are the perfect choice for many homeowners as they are made of high-quality materials and bring an excellent look to your home.
Browse our full section to shop vertical blinds online with us. We offer an excellent collection of vertical blinds with a great discount and free shipping next to your home doorstep. So you don’t have to sacrifice on your style and budget. At ZebraBlinds, you have the option to “Try before you buy”. This means if you are not sure, which product you should choose, order the free samples offered by us which will help you decide the best fit in your home.
Call us or leave a comment if you confront any problem or difficulty while dressing your windows. We will be glad to help you!