The Importance of Window Treatments for Bathrooms
Bathrooms are an extremely important part of any home. These are rooms that are dedicated to help you take care of yourself with respect to hygiene and sanitary needs. They are an important part of every person’s daily routine. You may not visit a certain room in your house on a particular day but not a day goes by when you don’t visit your bathroom.
Considering the importance of the bathroom itself, it is extremely crucial for you to make your bathroom a sanctuary of comfort. A relaxing atmosphere in the bathroom can make your day very smooth. One of the many ways in which you ensure that your bathroom can give you the requisite amount of comfort, you can invest in a good window treatment.
Firstly, bathrooms act as a person’s personal space when it is occupied. Windows naturally pose a threat to this personal space as there is a small chance of invasion of the person’s privacy. A good window treatment can address this problem. Additionally, the privacy ensured shouldn’t come at the cost of natural lighting. There are certain other factors which are also important. This blogpost will address those factors and recommend some blinds which are best suited for bathrooms.
Factors to Consider while looking for window treatments for Bathrooms
- Moisture – Moisture is a major concern which window treatments can address. Moisture can be a problem in kitchens too but are so much more prevalent in bathrooms. Moisture can stimulate and accelerate the growth of mildew. They can accumulate around the windows make the bathroom unsanitary. If you have a moisture resistant window treatment you can address this problem very well.
- Privacy – To extend on what was stated before, a bathroom is supposed to help people put their mind at ease. It’s a place where you can mentally prepare for the day ahead or where you can wind down with a hot shower. However, neither you or any of your family members can attain this peace of mind without privacy. Window treatments are natural providers of privacy and is one of their major selling points.
- Light Filtration –Natural lighting is also very important to any bathroom. Natural sunlight at a time like this can stir you awake and help your mood to. Your body gets used to the notion that the morning has come. This is something that artificial lights can’t necessarily do. A window treatment that filters the sunlight to mellow it out and make it pleasant for you while not having to sacrifice your privacy should be what you would ideally want to go for.
Blinds that are best suited for your bathroom
- Aluminium Blinds – Aluminium blinds have multiple advantages going for it. Firstly, they are extremely durable and don’t wither easily. Once you have installed a set of aluminium blinds you don’t have to worry about replacing them anytime soon. Additionally, they are extremely cost-effective and affordable. They are known for their ability to resist moisture easily. You can adjust your blinds in a way that allows you to dim the light to bearable level while also maintaining a lot of privacy. They come in colours and patterns which make it easy for you to find one that suits the tiles and colour of your walls.
- Faux Wooden Blinds – Wooden Blinds are always desirable because they have the ability to bring a natural and organic look to a room. It can be seen as a way of bringing the outdoors into your home. However, they aren’t advisable for bathrooms because of the specific nature of bathrooms. Faux wooden blinds can be an alternative way of bringing a rustic finish to your bathroom’s window treatment. The look and feel of faux wooden blinds are similar to real wooden blinds. They are also made out of PVC, which makes them durable, moisture resistant and affordable. They also offer privacy and light filtering that cater to all needs.