Energy Efficient Window Treatments
Does your home get very hot during the summer season or very cold during the winter season? Or are you spending a lot of money to make your space cool and comfortable throughout the year? Do you know that most of the heating and cooling energy costs can be reduced by installing the proper window treatments? Yes, with some of our best energy efficient window treatments you can save on your heating and cooling costs. They block the excess sunlight coming through your windows during the summertime and allow solar heat during the winter time. There are a number of energy efficient window treatments available which not only save on your electricity bills but also protect your health and furnishings from the harmful UV rays.
- Save upto 15% when you add to cartDay Night Cordless Cellular Shades Crown$155.38your savings :
retail :retail : CA$321.70(51% OFF)
- Save an additional 5% + Site wide discount when you add to cartCrystalPleat Graber LF Single Cellular Shades$160.69your savings :
retail :retail : CA$242(33% OFF)
- Save upto 15% when you add to cartCrown Exterior Solar Shades$178.81your savings :
retail :retail : CA$370.21(51% OFF)
- Save an additional 15% + Site wide discount when you add to cartGraber Exterior Solar Shades$185.26your savings :
retail :retail : CA$279(33% OFF)
Top 3 Energy Efficient Window Treatments That Will Reduce Your Electric Bills
Energy efficient window solutions improve your home’s insulation while offering protection against heat loss during the winter months and heat gain during the summer months. You can mix and match two window treatments together to enhance their efficiency even more. Below are the popular energy saving window coverings to go for:
- Energy Efficient Honeycomb Cellular Shades are a very popular choice when it comes to energy efficient window treatments. They use air pockets to trap the air inside them which keeps your room warm during the winter season and cool during the summer season. In this way, you can save your energy bills also. They are available in a wide range of colors, textures, and fabric options along with single cell and double cell fabric to match your interior style. Double cell fabrics provide more insulation than single cell fabric as they contain an extra layer of fabric. You can install them both inside and outside of the window frame but it’s always better to consider outside mounting for better energy efficiency. Energy efficient honeycomb cellular shades have the highest efficiency value (R-value 3.25 to 5), making them one of the best choices for many homeowners. In Saguenay, Quebec, summers are warm and hot as well, and winters are long and very cold, so as a resident of this area or somewhere with a similar climate, you can think about these cellular shades which will create a pleasant and calm atmosphere all the time. Versatile and durable, these window treatments come with different mechanisms such as TDBU, cordless, or motorized feature for an effortless and smooth control.
- If excess heat or sunlight is an issue for your beautiful home, then consider installing energy efficient roller solar shades. These window shades cut down your energy bills by blocking the harsh sunlight from entering your home. They prevent the harmful rays from entering through your windows and reduce solar heat gain which helps your room to reduce the temperature instantly. The openness factors of solar screens affect the energy efficiency, meaning a greater openness factor means they will allow in more glare and sunlight. So try to choose a lower openness factor to create a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere. Roller solar shades come in blackout, light filtering, and room darkening features with various color and style options. Choose the lift option according to preference and room décor. These shades are perfect for Hamilton, Ontario summer weather.
- Graber shutters are another great option to trap the unwanted heat or air between them, which helps your space to insulate while reducing energy bills. Layer other window treatments to increase insulation even further. For example, you can layer draperies with the window shutters which look great on your windows. If you are staying in Stratford, Ontario and have an victorian architecture, then opt for these window shutters as they can meet both the style and function you are looking for.
Whether it is the summer or winter, we can provide you with the best energy efficient window treatments. Browse our full section to learn more about these coverings or contact our design experts for any doubt or help. You can order our free samples to find out the best one for your unique home. Shop now to get these window shades at an affordable price!