Inside mount blinds are installed inside the window casing. Minimum depth requirements vary by product; please check the product page for information.
- Measure the exact inside width, to the closest 1/8th inch, of the window casing from the left inside edge to the right inside edge at the top, middle and bottom of the window. Record the narrowest measurement as this will be your ordering width.
- Measure the exact inside height, to the closest 1/8th inch, of the window casing from the top inside edge to the bottom inside edge at the left, middle and right side of the window. Record the longest measurement as this will be your ordering height.
- Do not make any deductions on width for clearance; the manufacturing facility will make any necessary deductions to ensure the blind fits.
- Measure the window diagonally from the top left corner to the bottom right corner, and the top right corner to the bottom left corner. If the measurements are different by more than a 1/4" (inch), we recommend an outside mount installation for optimal fit and aesthetics.
Outside mount blinds are installed outside the window casing, covering an area larger than the window opening itself.
- Measure the exact width to be covered to the closest 1/8th inch. Make sure the measurement overlaps the window opening by at least 1 1/2" on each side (3" total overlap) to ensure light control and privacy. Typically measured from the left outer edge of the window molding to the right outer edge. Please contact us if you have questions.
- Measure exact height to be covered, including desired overlap (typically from top edge of molding to bottom edge, or to top of sill if there is one). Make sure you consider the height of the headrail/cassette, which is included in the height measurement. If you are installing above the measured area, add the height of the headrail of your blind.
- If the blinds extend to the floor, please measure required height in three areas, taking the smallest length. Essentially you need to ensure 1/2" of clearance on the bottom so that the vanes do not drag on the floor.
- If you require the entire window to be uncovered when the blinds are fully open, you might need to add upto 6" to the width granted there is sufficient space in the mounting area.
- The factory makes no deductions on outside mount blinds.
Ordering Replacement Vanes
FLL = Finished Vane Length/Height – the measurement from the top of the vane to the bottom of the vane. This measurement is approximately 2 1/4″ less than the FBL.FBL = Finished Blind Length/Height – the measurement from the top of the headrail to the bottom of the vane.
|How to Measure a Replacement Existing Vane, No Changes
How to Measure a Replacement Existing Vane, Changing the Height of the Vanes
NOTE: When ordering replacement vanes only, hinge direction must beindicated (up or down).