Adding the Z-wave Virtual Cord Shades to SmartThings is easy and takes only a minute or two. To get started, please ensure your shade is installed on your window, plugin the power and ensure it is working with the button on the headrail as well as the two button remote, and finally, make sure SmartThings is setup and ready to go. Part one shows how to add the shades to SmartThings. Part two shows adding the remote to SmartThings and the shade; you will need a paperclip for this part.
Please go through the following steps to pair the shades with the hub.
- Open the SmartThings app on your phone, on the bottom of the app tap on "My Home", then tap on the "Things" tab and scroll all the way down and locate the "Add a Thing" button, but don't tap it yet.
- On your blind or shade locate the button on the headrail. It has an LED light integrated with it.
- Press and hold the button on the shade, the light will start flashing green, then amber. When flashing amber the shade will jog at which point you should let go of the button.
- On your phone tap on "Add a Thing". Once SmartThings start's searching for a device go back to the shade.
- Press and hold the button on the blind or shade. When it flashes green let go. When the blind or shade jogs, it has been added to SmartThings and now you should see a device ready for setup in SmartThings.
- Now feel free to assign the shade to a room and start controlling it or set up routines and automations.
- Open the SmartThings app on your phone, on the bottom of the app tap on "My Home", then tap on the "Things" tab and scroll all the way down and locate the "Add a Thing" and tap it.
- Locate the pinhole on the back of the remote, and using a paperclip, press and hold the pinhole button until the lights start flashing. The remote will pair with SmartThings and a Z-wave remote will be available.
- Locate the pinhole on the back of the remote again, and using a paperclip tap and release the pinhole button. The lights will start flashing.
- Now on the shade, press and hold the headrail button until it flashes green. The shade will jog.
- You can now use the remote to control the shade again.
A video walk through is available below: